Feb 15, 2010

Hohum


We have just returned from the Dr's office. We had quite a night to say the least. Jonah's temp reached 103.2 and his heart rate was pretty high as well. With the high heart rate came desating which is never good, so we cranked the O's up and I sat there in his room and watched the numbers on the pulsox. This is enough to drive anyone mad. But I was truly concerned that it would be yet another trip up the ER where I didn't want to go in the middle of the night. Jonah slept for a bit but was struggling. Finally around 2am I just brought him into bed with me . I woke up at 4am to find my shirt wet. Jonah's fever was finally breaking. *sigh of relief*

This morning he woke up dry again, no big surprise there. The nurse called me and wanted me to bring him in as soon as he had a wet diaper so she could check to see if perhaps he had a UTI. Minutes later he filled that diaper!! *woohoo* I called her back and told her we were on our way. She checked his diaper and it was negative for a UTI. I'm not sure what is going on with him. I will just keep him on his feeding pump and run lots of pedialyte through him.

I just laid him down and all I can hear is crying, while breaking, to let out a good cough. I just hope he will make it through today with out any more medical trips.

Answers: He has been running low grade temps for 4 days, last night was the first time it was that high. No one even checked his ears, & when we went to the ER NO tests were even ran, they just went by his mouth being wet, and crying tears (which does make sense for dehydration) I'm not sure why they did not do anything else. I don't even think they touched him, oh wait they did only to reconfirm to me that his breathing sounds bad and he was wheezing. Jonah is on antibiotics. However he only takes them M,W, & F. Jonah's base line for oxygen is .5 Lt in the day and goes up to 1 Lt at night. Last night he went up to 2. Maybe now that it's Monday and he has gotten his first dose of the week of antibiotics he will turn around. His Dr is concerned that he might have a bowel obstruction. I just wanted to take him home and see if one more day will make a difference. I now have a solid game plan of nursing him back to semi good health.

Thank you Lacy and Melissa for your input! It is much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. uughh. I can see how frustrated you have been. I hate the 'no answer' game. It is very hard to deal with. I am glad you were able to rule out some things, but still you have things going on and you would like to get him better. I hope he will get feeling better soon without any more ER or dr. visits. You both need a break and some down time. Keep me posted on how he is doing.

    ReplyDelete