
Day one went really well. I love hospitalizations that start out this way. I will remain positive that it will finish this way as well.
We got up to the hospital around 10:45am. Unfortunately we had to wait 45 min until a room was cleared out, then cleaned. we got his room number and went up to his room. I was so excited to see a familiar face! We had a nurse who has taken care of Jonah many times during his last hospitalization. I love when the hospital pays attention to our personal paperwork. (patients who freequent the hospital are asked to fill out a freequent flier history card where I am able to request nurses) Jonah first has his iv placed then a few hours later he went and had his PICC line placed. Everything went smoothly! He was so awsome. The poor kid was NPO for 11 hours!
Morgan spent the day with Grandpa Doug who flew out for the weekend. He spoiled her rotten. She had a blast! I was so greatful to him for giving her the attention that she so much deservs. Later in the evening I had a few visitors. It was so wonderful. It really made a difference in how I felt being back up here. I really appreciate the support. It was also nice for Isaacs dad to be able to see the hospital that saved little Jonah's life. It was an over all great day!
I was a little disappointed to come in this morning and hear that he still had some crackles at the basis of his lungs. I hope that by day number 3 he will sound tons better.

Its so funny, the PICU is were Jax was almost killed by neglet, but thats the one place that I think is still good with that hospital. I think they have fantastic intensivists. And their trauma is incredible, but thats about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to come up Thursday. Ray is going out of town Friday-Sunday for work, so I'm getting out before I'm stuck with all the kids by myself for the weekend!
Hey Jessica -- i hope you don't feel too guilty. In some ways J is lucky he's young and doesn't know any differently. My Isaac has always known lung challenges, and in some ways I think it's better that way. He doesn't know any other way. And also, just know you are doing what you think is best for you kid. And us moms who are in this crazy situation where you have to make these decisions for these other people when you don't really have a clue yourself about what it is you are deciding... you just have to listen to your gut, get as informed as well as you can, and feel good that you are doing what you really and honestly think is BEST for your kid. And even if you discover down the line that there was something else you could have done but didn't know about... at least feel good that you did YOUR BEST knowing what you knew at that moment. It's all we got. And your kid's so lucky to have a mom who loves him as much as you do and he's maybe even a bit more resilient than you think (meaning he can take a mistake or 2). I know with us... I just feel like we're completely winging it sometimes -- even the doctors. Ahhhh...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm glad the procedures have been going so well. And dont' forget to get some rest, yourself!!! :-)
Sarah
Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteYou always amaze me. Again and again you manage to find the faith and energy to rise above the challenges that are placed before you. My visit with Jonah, Morgan, Isaac and you was a complete blessing. Thank you for all the love that you have invited into your life, your family, your marriage and your home.
Love,
Doug
YAY! Glad picc placement went well!! Glad Morgan had a good day too. It's always tough on siblings. They always worry. It's scary how much they know about what's going on! Really hope Jonah's lung crackles clear soon and these IV's do the trick! Hope the rest of the stay goes really really smoothly!!! Speak soon Xx
ReplyDelete