Jonah has been so much fun these last few days. We have had a refreshing and much needed brake from the norm. He is feeling so good this week and it shows! Jonah has been signing so much and making lots of new sounds. My favorite would be his clicking my least would be the gaging noises he makes just to get a laugh from Morgan. He is quite the comedian and entertainer. I love seeing him interact with the kiddos in his early intervention structure play group. He is constantly blowing the kids kisses. I'm glad he makes all of us feel special.
While waiting for Jonah's thickening agent to ship out, I started using Pectin to thicken his drinks. I think I prefer it over Simply thick... so does are bank account! I mix it into 2 different water bottles, one containing Milk and the Pectin, the other filled with water and Pectin to drink while on the go and to keep hydrated. He is still receiving 18 Oz via his feeding tube daily but I'm really trying to push him to eat additional calories and drink more liquids.
My sis in law and I were going through some pics of Jonah last night and she pointed out how great Jonah looks. It's good to hear it. I mean I do think he looks great I guess It's just sometimes hard for me to see. Something about hearing it from others who see him only as Jonah, not a patient, not a sick child but see him as just a little boy, well, it makes me feel good cause it's hard for me to when I know all his struggles.
Tomorrow our Florida family goes home and while it was so great to have them here, we are excited to leave on our trip to Tahoe. I'm ready to hang out by the pool and have a date night with my hubby while Grandma & Grampa visit with their most favorite grand kids (okay, so they never called them their favorite) The kids will have a blast, we got them both new swim suits and matching towels. It will be fun and a nice change of scenery for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I want to see these cute things Jonah is doing! I don't know when your leaving but a couple of friends are coming over Wednesday if you want to join us!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear how well Jonah is doing. It's these good times that helps us through the times that things aren't so great. You'll have to post more pictures of J and all his new things! And getting to go on date night while at Lake Tahoe is so exciting!! You two really need a night out. Make sure you drag it out to last as long as you can get away with.
ReplyDelete