Aug 4, 2010

thickened liquids

I hate (yes I know hate is a strong word) thickening all liquids for Mr. Jonah. It has become such a pain! It has made keeping him hydrated so much more difficult! Jonah doesn't like juice, he will only drink Milk, almond milk or water. Occasionally he will sneak a sip of my Pepsi...not condoned by the way! He does not mind the thickened milk but won't drink the thickened water, and I don't blame him. It's been so hot that he has been rejecting any thickened liquid I give him and I get it, I mean who wants that thick of anything when temps are as high as 98 degrees? I guess I need to go back to giving him daily boluses of his formula and lot's of water. It's getting more and more difficult to use his feeding tube as he is well awear that it's there attached to his belly. He does all that he can to make sure it's going to be a difficult task for me. Ahh, my boy! He is my wild child...who woulda thought?

2 comments:

  1. Jonah, Jonah, Jonah, your going to give mommy a heart attack! You and Jax both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to being done with thickening liquids!!! I am really tired of it as well. Josh drinks thickened gatorade.... he won't drink juice or milk and I can't even imagine how gross the thickened water is. He has never been a water kid so I never even bothered to thicken it. I just found a couple flavors of gaterade that he will tolerate... meaning take sips of... and then we have to compensate alot through his g-tube. It is so frustrating!!! If you are interested, I can email you pictures of how we tape Josh's G-tube now that he discovered pulling the whole thing out. Let me know if you! Good luck Jessica.... you can hang in there. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete