Sep 1, 2010

liar liar pants on fire!

Today I was watching the kids cousin and of course my two. We went to the park for a bit this morning to get some energy out. We were playing, then another mom came over with her little guy. At one point we were all on the bouncers and the mom asked how old my children were. I told her that the cousin was a cousin and not mine, but then I rambled off their ages and paused and told a lie... I told her Jonah was 3! I knew what would happen but still I wanted to test it, and I scored an A+ Her chin dropped and she said "come again?" "Yeah, he's 3" I said again.(acting like she was obsered for even questioning me, the mother) Now this was only funny because the cousin is like 6 months younger then J and looks like he is 3 but in fact he just turned 2 in April, and then there is Jonah who will be 3 in 2 months and looks like he might be 18 months. Usually I lie and say J is 15-18 months old depending on A) how he is acting and B) what age he looks like in the outfit he is wearing. I do this only to avoid questions and comparrisons, at this point I know all the comparrisons and I don't need other mommies to ask if my child can do this or that yet, or tell me their story of how they once went to the children's hospital because their child had tubes placed in their ears. I know sounds cold, but people you get tired of hearing people try to compare their child's stuffy nose to your childs struggle to breath.

2 comments: