I know I've got to get a decent post out since it's been a while...But this is all I can do for now as us Utahns are celebrating Halloween tomorrow night! Yesterday just before dinner Jonah fell off our trampoline face first. It was sad, he cried, I cried, Isaac wiped away tears...well, not mine. It looked bad but not bad enough to have him seen.
I went to check on him around 9:30pm and Isaac examined his owie. Isaac was surprised to press down on his goose egg and find his finger sink into Jonah's forehead. I was disgusted and immediately I began to gear up for a long night! After taking pols over the phone from friends who are nurses, I finally took J to instacare, then St. Marks, and finally ended up at Primary Children's, where I should have just gone in the first place...(No one ever is equipped for this kid!) We then went through all the hoopla and were finally able to go home in the wee hours of the morning. I'm so tired I can't even type out details. They were concerned that he had cracked his skull, by the way the fluid was surrounding the forehead. Now we just have to keep a close eye on it to make sure that the fluid hardens up to form a goose egg and we need to check his eyes frequently.
Yes, just another normal day being Jonah's mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I guess its good that he's not sick! I have learned many times that if the kidscare won't see him, just go to PCMC. Then you don't have to drive around. Call or text me. I don't have your number in this phone!
ReplyDelete