Yeah, you read it right. J is back in the hospital. Yesterday he was admitted through the ER.
His morning went well. He woke up, refused 2 different breakfasts (not uncommon) and played with Mo and I for a a bit, the I took him in to see the energy healer. He was fine the energy healer did his magic (working with the priapism issues) and off we went to do some "extreme couponing" at the grocery store. While in the store J kept asking for "arter" over and over again so I got him a bottle, opened it and he downed it! (Two rules were broken. 1) I opened water before paying for it and 2) he only supposed to have thickend liquids, especially if he is drinking that fast!) When he finished the water he bagan to shiver and his pink lips turned to blue. BLUE! I threw my food items on the check out stand hurried and payed the lady and rushed him out to the car to hook up his oxygen...totally forgetting to give the cashier my coupons of course!
We got home I lifted him out of his car seat and he was smoking hot. Took his temp, and he was burning up at 103. I Then hooked him up to his sat moniter and was mortified when I saw that he was only sating at 81 on his base line needs. I turned him up to a half then a full ltr. I knew he was going to need some sort of intervention as he kept desating on the lower amount of O's. So, I called one doc and she was on vacation called the other and she was not in the office. Called my fellow medical mommy and a my friend who is also a nurse. The decision was made...take him up to the hospital. So we hung out in the ER had a VRP and a chest Xray done and he was still burning up and now he has developed a wet cough and had begun throwing up.... everywhere!
He was admited by one of our favorite docs up here one that has litterally stood by his side from the begining of J's journey. I trust her. I didnt argue, and Im so glad I didn't because last night his fever was still going strong and he was up to 2 ltrs of oxygen. Poor guy!
This morning he has been doing much better. His fever is gone and so is the throwing up. He still has not had anything by mouth but he has a feeding tube and we have slowly been feeding him pedialite through it. Im telling you NEVER a dull moment with my J! he is back to his base line oxygen needs but has desatted a few times. All tests thus far have come back negative, but as we all know there are so many viruses they can't possibly test for everything. But yes, they are suspecting it to be viral. The resident and attending are waiting to see how his day goes to decide if they want to keep him another night or to let him come home. I will do what ever they want willingly. J is so important to me I just want him to be healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment