Jul 14, 2011

What's best?

Some days I wish that time would stop ticking away. I need to catch my breath, feel my pulse, and hear my exhale. I need to find my center.  I need to feel connected to me once again. I must learn how to stop, how to focus and most importantly how to deal.

I think I have decided to take fall semester off.

No good reason, only that I need a long (really, really long) mental health day (semester). I have been deliberating with my self as to what the "right" decision is and I am at a stand still. Both are reasonable choices... Go to school in the fall, continue towards my higher education, or take time off and re cooperate, acknowledge, digest, except, and center myself  from what the last 3+ years has dished out.  I still find myself in denial.

Because of that denial I have chosen to turn my cheek and not deal with life in a meaningful way.  Instead I cram as much as I can into every second of everyday doing things for everyone.... everyone but me, just so I don't have to deal with the emotions that have been building and building. Oh, and have gained quite a few Lbs too.

  Both kids will be in school full time starting Fall. Though this decision makes me feel uneasy, makes me feel like I am a lazy person, makes me feel like I'm letting myself and others down I recognize that this is the attitude and self judgment that I continuously place on myself.  Very unhealthy I might add.

Who knows, I may regret this decision or this might be the best choice I have made for my sanity.  Because time will continue to go forward I will learn the consequence of this decision soon enough.  Let's hope it's a beautiful one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you sound so much like me!! I never take time for myself, everyone else always comes first, and I cram everything in to every second I can.
    I think its a great idea to take a semester off. From someone that knows what its like to try and do college after you have children. It sucks! Ray took fall off to get Arina, and hasn't started back up because of the move. It makes me crazy, thinking he's only getting older!!

    ReplyDelete