Jan 5, 2012
Diagnosis 101
So, I thought I had posted on this before but I cannot find it... Must have been something I day dreamed. I will post this for those who are confused, and perhaps for myself because it is too much at times to keep up with.
Jonah to date:
Oxygen.
feeding tube placed for aspiration which has/still does cause conflict when swallowing thin liquids ie, water.
Nissan surgery.
Adenoids removed due to airway issues.
Chrionic lung disease (this is what they call it when your child is always sick).
Non Cystic fibrosis Bronchiectasis, Basically the lung disease of cystic fibrosis with out the enzyme issues.
PDD-nos (pervasive development disorder-not otherwise specified) "autism".
Speech apraxia- slow motor planning.
Sensory processing disorder.
Priapism- errections lasting over a long amount of time (jonah's record 16 hours).
And soon we will find out why this kiddo has not grown in over a year...
I think this is the list. I might be missing something, I will add onto it as I remember. You see I just call this list by name, I call it Jonah. In real life this list is one of the most amazing creatures you will eve lay your eyes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so glad you posted this! He most certainly is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteOh my word. No you have never posted this. And I can see why! You deserve an honorary RN degree!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that Mark mentioned to me that he had clicked on your name when you left a comment on our blog and we stumbled upon your blog. I am now an Andrews follower. ;)
ReplyDeleteCan I just tell you how much I love both of your kiddos? They are amazing and they make me smile. Mark and I had so much fun with Jonah at the hospital and we are happy to do it again any time you need us. But I hope you don't need us for a long time because that will mean that Jonah will not be in the hospital. :)
nice to meet you.
ReplyDeleteI have 1 child.
I had trouble conceiving and he is the light of my life.
special