I remember the awkwardness when visitors come to the wide open PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) room where Jonah's life less body laid in a medial hospital crib. I would try to keep a smile on my face to help my company feel more at ease, but really how could you not stare at the 3 month old with tubes going into his mouth and on a device that was louder then loud and shaking his fragile little body just trying to keep him alive.
January 13 2008, 4 years ago today, Was the day I knew that my life was going to be different.
I still have trouble getting my head around all of it and I suppose that is because I am for the most part still "just surviving." My family has traveled a very bumpy road with mostly just having the support of each other. Our families are not in the state and friends have come and gone. Only the really brave friends have stood by our sides cheering us along when the road seems to rough.
I look at Jonah today and am in awe of his mighty strength. Diagnosis after diagnosis, therapy session after therapy session, he is amazingly strong. I love this child with all my heart.


Bless your heart and your family! YOu have come through a long, hard haul & in my opinion Jonah draws his strength from you and your family and the Lord. He will always strengthen us in and through our trials. I am so glad to know you! :) Kathy Stoddard
ReplyDeleteJonah is an amazing little boy. He gives strength to all those around them. We can never forget though that you are his mother and give him strenght by never giving up. You are one of the most amazing people I know. I love your family and can not imagine life without you guys. We love you.
ReplyDeleteHe is amazing and YOU are amazing. Don't ever forget that.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys SO MUCH! You are such an amazing Mother, Friend and person; and a source of strength for many. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou are precious Jessica. XO
ReplyDelete